AutoQA: distro congestion?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 19 08:44:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 21:19 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> On 04/16/2011 01:52 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Others have already commented on this, but I wanted to re-state that
> AutoQA is only in an informative mode right now. Any bodhi comments made
> by AutoQA have no karma and are not used for anything other than
> information. This will change sometime in the future, but not until at
> least the F16 timeframe.

See my post from a few minutes ago: 5 packages are currently rejected on
a "mark as stable" submission leaving the request field empty (as if I
hadn't tried to push) with the comment that the packages do not pass
autoqa.

> I took a look at your packages in bodhi [1] and was only able to find
> one update with FAILED comments from AutoQA. Are there updates that I'm
> missing here?

This is probably part of the problem, I have been trying to push all 5
packages that are now in testing with bodhi rejecting due to autoqa.
Even packages that do have a positive autoqa tag on them like
fail2ban-0.8.4-27.fc13.

> Looking at the depcheck output for mediawiki-1.16.4-57.fc13, however, I see:
>
> mediawiki-nomath-1.16.4-57.fc13.x86_64 from pending has depsolving problems
>   --> mediawiki-nomath conflicts with php-common
>
> This stems from the addition of the "Conflicts: php-common = 5.3.1" that
> was added to the spec file [2] for 1.16.2-56.

What about f14 and f15? At least for f15 autoqa should have greenlit the
package, yet it never even tested the package, but bodhi calims it fails
autoqa. f14 should had never passed before f15, but it still did, but is
blocked anyway (???).

> PS - you will generally get a faster response to AutoQA related
> questions by posting to autoqa-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org instead of
> just devel@

Thanks, but I just want to get the packages through, I'm on several
dozen fedora lists already and cannot process the information stream in
time. I also consider autoqa issues - if they are stalling packages as I
experience - important for anyone in devel. Alone the fact that everyone
here thinks differently about how autoqa works or should work shows that
the discussion is helpful on this list.
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/