AutoQA: distro congestion?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:05:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:30:44 +0300, AT wrote:

> > AutoQA is still in testing phase, there is no enforcement yet.
>
> Maybe the bodhi messages confused me. When I logon to a.f.o/updates it
> prominently displays:
>
>                 Bodhi is now enforcing the Package Update Acceptance
>                 Criteria across all Fedora releases.

This links to the Wiki and explains what is being enforced. It is much
to read, but in short,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria#All_other_updates

your packages (F-14, F-13) either need to sit for one week in testing
or reach the karma threshold you configured. Mediawiki updates have been
submitted on 04-16, so the one week is not over yet. For F-15 it's three
days only currently. Bodhi adds a comment to a ticket when the acceptance
criteria are satisfied and when the minimum time in testing has been
reached. (It adds that comment even if the ticket has reached a negative
karma value meanwhile, so be warned.)

Some packagers have been observed circumventing the system by configuring
a karma threshold of 1, so their own +1 vote or the first one from an arbitrary
tester make it possible to mark the update stable.

> And the conversion to testing was mentioned when I tried to push the
> package, not later, when a human could process the request.

You've tried to select "stable" as the target already when submitting
the updates, and bodhi rejected that. With the CVEs mentioned for Mediawiki,
why didn't you choose "security" instead of "stable"?

> Currently the autoqa process is very muddy to me and probably other
> packagers as well:

The AutoQA stuff that's been running lately does not add to the Package Update
Acceptance criteria yet. It would need to either spend karma points to inform
bodhi or even receive special veto privileges to influence bodhi's decision on
whether an update may enter the stable repo.