Update of fedpkg coming to handle new branch names

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 19:35:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

> As part of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dist_Git_Branch_Proposal I
> have prepared an update to fedora-packager (the package that holds
> fedpkg); 0.5.9.0-1.  This update contains code to handle repositories
> that are in the old naming style as well as the new style.  It also has
> code to detect when the new naming style goes into effect, and a helper
> script to convert existing clones to the new naming style.

Could you please clarify what exactly is changing? Are remote branch
names going to change to, say "f15" (instead of "f15/master"). Will this
be untouched, but working on a feature branch, say
"f15-my-cool-new-feature", will allow me to push builds to koji (say
"dist-f15-updates-canditate" as default) by using $ fedpkg build?

> My plan is to let this version go through -testing and into stable for a
> period of time (week~?) and then do the conversion on the live repos.
> During the time this update is in -testing and stable I invite anybody
> who is willing to help me verify that things will be ready for the
> switch.  I still have use of pkgs.stg.fedoraproject.org that I will be
> syncing up and doing another conversion run on to fine tune the
> conversion script and can use that to test how fedpkg will react.

Is there a way to test this change right now? If so what are the precise
steps I'd have to carry out? I've tried to clone a few packages from
pkgs.stg.fedoraproject.org, but didn't see any change in remote branch
naming scheme.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
Severin