AutoQA: distro congestion?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 20 06:01:33 UTC 2011

Adam Williamson <awilliam <at> redhat.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 22:47 +0000, Ben Boeckel wrote:
>
> > What about to counteract "misplaced" karma? Example:
> >
> >   - Bug exists in version X.Y
> >   - Update filed for X.Y+1
> >   - User reports that bug still exists with -1 karma
> >   - Maintainer replies with +1 karma that bug is not expected to be
> >     fixed
>
> The 'correct' thing to do is to contact the user and ask them to correct
> the feedback: if a user who previously gave a -1 gives a +1, this is
> counted as a total of +1, not 0.

But if the user just wants to revoke their karma by changing their +/-1 to a 0
(say they realize they're not able to test properly, which happened to me),
that's still not possible (see https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/296 ). So
it's necessary to get someone else to cancel it out, and it doesn't matter who.