AutoQA: distro congestion?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 20 07:56:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 10:50 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Maybe the bodhi messages confused me. When I logon to a.f.o/updates it
> > prominently displays:
> >
> >                 Bodhi is now enforcing the Package Update Acceptance
> >                 Criteria across all Fedora releases.
>
> The criteria which are being enforced do not include AutoQA results at this
> time. They do, however, include minimum testing (time and/or karma)
> requirements, which probably explains why your stable request was rejected.
> (And I've been fighting against those requirements since they were first
> proposed, because I strongly believe this decision should really be up to
> the maintainer, but I lost that battle.)

Well, two questions:

a) Weren't updates marked as security updates handled specially? E.g.
   the packages to get tagged as push-requested with the final decision
   being a pusher's review of the request?

b) In the past if karma/time requirements were not met one could still
   mark the request and the request would show up. Possibly not
   granted/processed until the requirements were met (unless the package
   was security related or fixing a too nasty bug), but not immediately
   cleared as if it never happened (which is the current state).

--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/