Package with x86 vector instruction support

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 20 23:27:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:59:18 -0600
Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm packaging a library that does some heavy mathematical
> computations.  The build system tries to cleverly determine whether an
> Intel CPU with vector instructions is being used.

What package are we talking about?

There is already at least one package in Fedora which does a similar
thing: ATLAS. It normally automatically tunes itself for the optimal
build flags, so some special tricks have to be done for packaging.

ATLAS has currently the following versions on Fedora:

i686: plain, 3dnow, sse, sse2 and sse3
x86_64: plain and sse2

The plain stands for the "atlas" package. I don't know what flags it
uses.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor