AutoQA: distro congestion?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 21 07:51:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 12:26 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> The various update streams flow differently. For a normal day,
> EPEL4/5/6 might have about 2-20 updates. It might be practical to look
> at all these for a quick glance. f14 (updates and testing) has around
> 30-50ish. f13 has around 5-20, and f15 has too many to even count. ;)
> It's just not at all practical to have the people signing the updates
> look at each one for critera.

Are all these security updates? I'm only arguing in favour of a fastlane
method for security updates.

The package in question may not be used by many people, but may have
severe security implications. If the user count is low you will not find
many or any users to karma it up, or even a proventester, OTOH the users
that do have this package in operation will be exposed until the package
sits off its time in testing - where probably no one will have given it
a go anyway. You may also not want to advertise the security issues too
loudly: You don't only attract testers that way, but also exploiters.
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/