AutoQA: distro congestion?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 18:13:34 UTC 2011

> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Unfortunately security updates are explicitly listed as to be handled
> > like critical path packages, so Adam is correct in the current context,
> > at least if the wiki page is not incorrect.
>
> I think you're misunderstanding the wiki page. The "including security
> updates" phrase there means that security updates for critical path packages
> are to be treated like any other critpath updates. It doesn't say anything
> about security updates for other packages.

Right. It's pretty simple - at present, whether an update is a security
update simply doesn't matter to the acceptance process. It's not taken
into account at all. What's taken into account is whether the update is
for a stable release or for a pre-release, and whether it's critical
path. That's all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey