FC15 beta testing result by my 76-year old uncle

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Apr 24 09:08:14 UTC 2011

On 04/23/2011 08:46 PM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Hi -

> I've setup FC15 beta for  my 76-year old uncle. The major issues
> encountered:
> * wake up from suspend didn't work on his laptop; on another one does

I thought my suspend was broken on this laptop.  But it turned out it is
hit by a bug where the driver (nouveau) tries to reload firmwire in its
resume code while userspace is still frozen.  That fails, but only after
sitting there looking dead for 60s.  After the timeout, it resumes
great.  So it might be worth trying.

> * logitech quickcam express doesn't work -- light goes on in
> Cheese/skype, but not image

I don't know about it specifically, but when I use my USB microscope I
use Camorama.  Notice though it has no UI to select device, you have to
give a switch --device=/dev/video1 on commandline if it's not the first
video device.  It also might be worth a try.

-Andy