Driving ARM secondary rebuild with script - builddep tree?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 14:56:35 UTC 2011

While smarter people than me fix the boostrapping of F14 on ARM, I am
looking at whether we can automate driving koji in an optimal order.

I am looking at mass-rebuild.py from the releng scripts repo; and at
yum-builddep.

 - mass-rebuild gets a git checkout, bumps the rev, commits, pushes,
we don't do that (!)

 - mass-rebuild counts on tags and on koji metadata indicating that a
pkg is blocked -- we don't do tags, and I don't know whether koji's
"blocked" metadata indicates a builddep check

 - if possible, we'd like to prioritize a particular set of packages
that is in the critical path for testing on our hw -- for that, I was
hoping to perform a recursive builddep tree, but it is... more complex
than it seems at first blush. Is there any tool that performs
recursive builddep checks, and defines an order (as yum does with deps
when planning an install?)

thanks!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions