PackageKit in Fedora 15 (beta)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:35:57 UTC 2011

> PackageKit frequently *breaks* the yum command line, because it has
> some unkillable (self-resurrecting) process that acquires a lock and
> prevents yum from running.  It's a bug that we can't remove it.

You can edit the values in /etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf or remove
PackageKit-yum-plugin.  I have requested that the values be higher by
default but haven't managed to convince PackageKit developers.  If more
people complain about such issues instead of just removing it, we would
get a better default experience, I hope.

Rahul