PackageKit in Fedora 15 (beta)

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 08:43:58 UTC 2011

Dne 26.4.2011 09:36, Richard W.M. Jones napsal(a):
> A simple 'Recommends:<package list>', known about by RPM but
> otherwise ignored by RPM, would allow tools that knew they were
> talking to a real person to make a sensible list of recommendations
> based on the packages the user already had installed or was about to
> install.

There is no need for the user intervention ...

a) administrator of the system could set up in the configuration whether
this is "lazy-user-desktop where I don't care about space and I want to
have installed everything including a kitchen sink" or
"tightly-kept-server where I want to know about reasons why there is
every bit installed for space limits or security reasons".
b) administrator can remove packages which he doesn't want even without
hosing his system (like the situation which happened here).

Matěj