AutoQA upgrade path failure makes no sense to me

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 22:05:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 21:59 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Here is the update:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libguestfs-1.6.2-1.fc13.7
>
> Here's the failed test result:
>
> http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/results/87921-autotest/qa03.c.fedoraproject.org/upgradepath/results/output.log
>
> This is pretty confusing.
>
> Why does it mention other packages != libguestfs?
>
> It seems to be saying after much head-scratching and decoding that an
> update to dist-f14 (ie. the original ancient released version without
> updates) would fail, but how could anyone do that?

By using an F14 DVD, of course. But I'm not sure we're meant to support
such a case, it would rather limit your ability to push updates, so this
may well be some kind of bug. Just wanted to point out that it's
certainly possible to do an update to the original frozen package set of
any release. (You can do it with a net install too by disabling the
updates repo, but I don't know why anyone _would_.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey