AutoQA upgrade path failure makes no sense to me

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 08:37:50 UTC 2011

> Here is the update:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libguestfs-1.6.2-1.fc13.7
>
> Here's the failed test result:
>
> http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/results/87921-autotest/qa03.c.fedoraproject.org/upgradepath/results/output.log
>
> This is pretty confusing.
>
> Why does it mention other packages != libguestfs?

We currently test all pending packages at once. We're working on better presentation of the results.

Of course only libguestfs results are relevant to you.

> It seems to be saying after much head-scratching and decoding that an
> update to dist-f14 (ie. the original ancient released version without
> updates) would fail, but how could anyone do that?

I'm sorry, this is a bug in AutoQA (depcheck test):

  https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/ticket/309

It will be solved in AutoQA 0.4.7, which will be deployed any day now.

Thanks,
Kamil

PS: If you write directly to autoqa-devel list [1] next time, you'll get faster response.