Retiring perl-Text-Aspell

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:29:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Jon Ciesla <limb at jcomserv.net> wrote:
> Hi, moodle maintainer.
>
> I just took a quick look through 2.0.2, and I don't see where the limited
> Perl present uses perl-text-aspell, so it may just be a hard-coded Requires
> that I can drop.  Can someone with stronger Perl-Fu take a gander and
> confirm this for me, please?
>
> -J
>
> --
> in your fear, seek only peace
> in your fear, seek only love
>
> -d. bowie

Agreed.  It looks like moodle is invoking aspell directly, rather than
via perl-Text-Aspell.  Somewhat ironically, I created the
perl-Text-Aspell package in the first place because it was embedded in
the moodle sources, and I was the moodle maintainer at the time (some
4 years ago).

You may want to look at changing moodle to use hunspell anyway, due to
the limited number of aspell dictionaries available in RHEL 6.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/