Avoiding conditioning ignorance towards AutoQA

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 08:00:19 UTC 2011

> Keeping the current way will just make me (and possibly others) add
> filters to throw away messages from AutoQA. Please be aware of how
> much
> contributor time you waste by making them hope through useless
> (because
> the tests have passed and no information is gained) mails. I realize
> you
> want to improve things, but at the current stage its consuming the
> most
> valuable resource we have, packager/developer time.

We will certainly improve that. But for the near future I don't see much ways to change the notification system (using Bodhi comments). We can either have it the way it is or disable it completely (we can't use opting in/out, we must operate on all updates or none of them).

I believe the current state is good enough to have AutoQA comments enabled, even though it's not perfect. You may disagree. If many maintainers claim they would rather have AutoQA completely disabled, we can do it. But the current state helps us fix the tests tremendously. In the mean time, we work on improving the AutoQA architecture.

As a simple workaround for you (and maybe for some others), why don't you define a simple mail filter that detects an AutoQA Bodhi comment and marks it as read if it contains PASSED comment? That will save you from wasting time reading them.

Another option is to work with Bodhi authors to implement your ideas. It will be great if you do.