No sleep-on-lid-close with F-15 beta KDE?

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Sat Apr 30 09:32:57 UTC 2011

Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Having been not terribly impressed with GNOME 3 in F-15 alpha, I thought
> I'd try installing the beta with KDE, just to see if the grass is any
> greener.  I'm still trying to find my way around that one too, but
> I've run into one significant problem: when I close my laptop, the
> machine doesn't go to sleep.  (The sleep indicator light doesn't go on,
> I can still ssh into it, it stays rather warmer than it should, etc.)
> Is this:

Do you still have the power plugged in?  Under F-14 my laptop doesn't go to
sleep when the lid is shut if the power is still connected - and then doesn't
go to sleep thereafter when the power is removed:-/

Also, do you have the appropriate kernel module loaded to capture events such
as lid closure?  I believe this is handled on ThinkPads, for example, by the
thinkpad_acpi module.

David