Eclipse Mylyn 3.5 update: Please make sure this doesn't break your Mylyn dependent Eclipse plug-ins

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Sat Apr 30 20:24:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've recently been working on updating the Eclipse Mylyn stack in
Fedora. For the impatient, eclipse-mylyn* 3.5.1 packages are already
available in rawhide ;-) Updates for F15 will be pushed soon.

As some of you might know Eclipse Mylyn is now a top-level Eclipse
project and has been split into several sub-projects as of their 3.5
release.

With release 3.5 of Mylyn, there are now a total of 17 binary RPMs
available in Fedora. The two most exciting new features are custom
workflow support for Bugzilla bug trackers and Mylyn Builds (which
provides swift CI interaction from within Eclipse). With its new custom
workflow support, Mylyn 3.5 can now be used to interact (without
restriction) with Red Hat's Bugzilla instance. There is no need to
switch to the browser anymore. See [1] as to how to set up a Red Hat
Bugzilla task repository with the correct custom transitions file. Note
that we are currently working with upstream to make this setup even
easier.

Due to Mylyn's restructuring upstream, we have decided to restructure
Fedora SRPMs as well. [2] describes the new Fedora SRPMs/RPMs in detail.
If you are a Mylyn user, updates from 3.4 to 3.5 should work fine
without further action. If you are a maintainer of an Mylyn dependent
Eclipse plug-in in Fedora, this could mean that you have to update
requirements/build requirements in your spec-file. Please make sure that
your plug-ins work with new Mylyn 3.5 packages in Fedora. I'd like to
push the Mylyn 3.5 update for Fedora 15 soon and would appreciate if you
could make sure that this doesn't break your plug-ins. [2] should
provide you with enough information as to what has changed in rawhide
(or will change soon for F15).

Feel free to get back to me should you have questions regarding the
Mylyn update. I'm also on IRC in #fedora-java, #fedora-devel, etc. My
nick is jerboaa.

Thanks,
Severin

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Eclipse/MylynRedHatBugzillaSetupGuide