Trouble with building packages in F16: "The moc has changed too much"

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 14:24:04 UTC 2011

Hi!

----- Original Message -----
> In F16 and rawhide the PackageKit koji build is failing with "This
> file was generated using the moc from 4.7.2. It cannot be used with
> the include files from this version of Qt. (The moc has changed too
> much.)" when it gets to building the PackageKit-qt library.

It's not very good idea to ship pre-generated moc files, better to
autogenerate them during the build-time. PackageKit is using automake,
so it's a little bit more difficult but possible, check for example [1].

Though I'm not sure we are going with Qt 4.8 for F16 as KDE build is
currently hit by one moc issue - and we don't have solution right now.
I'd like to investigate/fix it this week but...

Feel free to ask for any help.

Jaroslav

[1] http://blog.hartwork.org/?p=133