Intel HD 3000 video & blank screen during install of F15

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 21:04:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 10:13 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> The standard reference page for information to collect for debugging KMS
> problems is here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Xorg_problems#KMS-related_issues
>
> Ignore the bits about testing the non-KMS environment and the X log,
> they're not going to be relevant for you.  But the video ROM, register
> dump, and dmesg output will all be informative.

I know you're busy, but do feel free to update that page if you get a
minute - I haven't touched it for a bit and it probably needs a spring
clean to really de-emphasize the UMS stuff. AIUI, only radeon can
possibly work UMS now, and only with a restricted range of hardware.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey