disttags from f16 on

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 06:19:53 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 11:24:47AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Aug 4, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> >
> > right now they are el4-candidate el5-candidate el6-candidate using epel rather
> > than el makes it much clearer. especially for those who do things  on RHEL
> > inside of Red Hat in fedora and in epel. the issue is we are Extra Packages
> > for Enterprise Linux not Enterprise Linux.
>
> The branch name in git can easily be changed too to match.

Please don't.  The branch names in git will ripple out to our other apps and
infrastructure scripts.  It's also unnecessary -- we have a long history of
using the targetted release for the git branch names, rather than what
project we're building within.  (ie: FC-1 was the scm branch name for
packages in Fedora Extras.

-Toshio