Fedora 15 kernel 2.6.40-4 issues on EC2

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 12:52:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

In BoxGrinder we're seeing some issues when upgrading to latest kernel on AMI's, which was reported here:

	https://issues.jboss.org/browse/BGBUILD-289

You can see in that ticket full boot log (console log in AWS terms) from a started instance with newest kernel. Jeremy pointed out that the issue may be related to newest kernel: 2.6.40-4:

[quote]

I came across this issue searching for a possibly related problem.

I had been running Fedora 15 on EC2 successfully using the 1.6 Boxgrinder AMI. Yesterday, I applied the latest updates, including  kernel-2.6.40-4.fc15.x86_64 and added a boot entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst. On reboot, I saw similar messages in the console log to what was mentioned here. Attaching my boot EBS volume to another instance and changing the kernel back to kernel-2.6.38.8-35.fc15.x86_64 allowed my instance to boot normally.

[/quote]

Anyone can tell me more after reading the console log?

TIA

--Marek