New hardened build support (coming) in F16

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 14:35:48 UTC 2011

On 08/09/2011 10:17 AM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> I didn't fail to turn up to any of the meetings.
> I would rather have seen a macro added to auto tools to detect gcc support
> for this so that upstream developers can more easily add the support natively
> for all distributions.

So you just failed to *participate* in the meetings then?  This is an approach
that should have been brought up in those discussions, not in a mailing list
rant after the fact.

> The compiler folks objected to enable full relro/pie across the board, so I
> assume they know there is a penalty and we should heed their advice.

We did heed their advice, which you'd know if you'd either a) read what ajax
has said here, or b) actually participated in the meetings where we discussed
this.

--
         Peter