New hardened build support (coming) in F16

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Aug 10 13:55:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 02:46:17PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> This clearly needs to be extended to changes in policy.  Flagging a
> ticket as "meeting" is an obscure bit of wonkishness.  A courtesy
> email should be sent before the meeting instead.

It's helpful to mail feature owners directly because the trac ticket
will typically be in the name of the feature wrangler rather than the
feature owner. https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/563 shows active
discussion of the fact that we've been talking about this, links to the
draft policy documents and makes it clear that this is being discussed
in fesco meetings, and Steve's Cc:ed on all of that. It's been on the
posted agendas for months. Yet the last time he was in #fedora-meeting
appears to have been in February. That's not an impressive amount of
involvement in the Fedora process.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org