boot.fedoraproject.org (bfo)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Aug 11 15:12:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:26:43 +0200
Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A bit of (hopefully) constructive feedback. It might help with testing
> and adoption of fedora if the rcs and alpha releases are made
> available in the bfo setup. Actually within the "experimental" folder
> there is only a tc1 of f15 currently.

Good idea. We can look at adding this into the release process...

> Potential ideas for bfo:
>
> * keep the "experimental" option more up to date in the future.
> * while simple to install make the lkrn available in a ready to use
> rpm

gpxe-bootimgs package?

> Last time i tried an install via bfo it didnt really select mirrors
> close to me. (i think for the install it didnt use a mirrorlist but
> instead a hardcoded repo by default) Is this still the case?

It uses mirrormanager (as downthread indicates). This uses geoip or
specific mirror requests (ie, mirrors can say they service all of a
specific IP range or ASN). It might be that you are in a geoip region
that doesn't have many fast mirrors in the list? If you go to the
mirrormanager link from the same IP you were installing from it should
give you a list you can look at.

kevin