Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.3.fc14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 16:32:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 09:02 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> Can we please either disable these nag messages or give developers the
> ability to push a package regardless of testing when it reaches nag age?

You have that ability for non-critpath updates, but for critpath the
thought is that updates really need to get tested before they go out.

I've said a few times that I think this could be adjusted for old
releases, on practical grounds. It makes no sense in theory - if
anything, the testing requirements for old releases should be *tighter*,
as there's a greater expectation of stability - but in practice, we just
don't have the test coverage for old releases. Either not many people
run them, or those who do just aren't interested in running
updates-testing and providing feedback.

I've never got around to working up a coherent proposed modification and
submitting it, though - if anyone else can, that'd be great.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey