Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.3.fc14

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 23:42:14 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 05:42 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 09:02 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
>>> Can we please either disable these nag messages or give developers the
>>> ability to push a package regardless of testing when it reaches nag age?
>
>> You have that ability for non-critpath updates, but for critpath the
>> thought is that updates really need to get tested before they go out.
>
> I've been procmail'ing old_testing_critpath mail to /dev/null for some
> time.  It makes no sense to be nagging the one person who cannot, by
> definition, provide independent testing of the package.  Therefore, they
> are useless and not worthy of my time.  Auto nagmail to proventesters
> might be of some value, but not to the package maintainer.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

I didn't want to mention that I was thinking of doing the same thing.  I
thought in the context of this it would sound more like a threat, when
in truth it's just the reasonable thing to do given the current
situation of being nagged about something I can do nothing about.

I will say though that someone triggered an approval on my package after
I sent the original email, so at least that was helpful.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at