Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.3.fc14

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:40:02 UTC 2011

On 08/12/2011 10:28 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> The reason why the package maintainer gets nagged has been explained
> several times: part of the theory behind the current process is that it
> is, to some extent, your responsibility as a package maintainer to
> ensure your package gets tested. You can't perform the testing, but it's
> reasonably likely that you would be (or, at least, *could* be) in touch
> with people who could, and could contact them and encourage them to do
> the testing.

We could use a little help from Bodhi here: If people were able to sign
up to get notifications for their favourite packages, that might help
get some additional testing done. As it is right now, I am guessing that
people often aren't even aware that an app they would like to test has a
new build available in updates-testing.

--
Kalev