Fedora 15 and mount points

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Aug 12 15:00:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:46:27AM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> > I thought that their outputs, especially that of findmnt, would've
> > clarified the output of mount, except for the three sandbox bind
> > mounts.
> >
> > Suggestions for replacing mount in your scripts:
> > findmnt -lnu -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS
> > findmnt -lnsu -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS
> > findmnt -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -S /dev/sda1
> > findmnt -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -T /
> > findmnt -n -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -S /dev/sda1
> > findmnt -n -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -T /
>
> this does not solve the problem with thousands of applications
> like df, mlocate and mount: if a change forces a lot of programs
> and scripts to be changed anybody who made it is a little naive
> to believe the world is turning around him and should hurry
> up fixing all this apllications he broke or revert his change!

  One of Fedora's core values is “first”.  We do introduce new things
and instead of reverting them, we fix broken apps.  If lot of programs
have to be changed – life is hard.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen