conflict in packages in fedora 15

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:46:46 UTC 2011

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:14:38 +0300, MA (Muayyad) wrote:

> does tags: f17 in <
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=257227
> it's not pushed to 15, not even to 16

No, it isn't. Is it a major problem to you?
Do you need that firmware? Did you try to install it? Or was it installed
on your machine by Anaconda, the Fedora installer? The firmware is available
in the linux-firmware package, too, which is installed on all machines.

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/netxen-firmware
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/linux-firmware
in case you want to submit a bug report.

I don't know since when this file conflict exists, but only
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/linux-firmware-20110601-1.fc15
has been updated in June, which may have altered the file. I assume none
of the testers had the netxen-firmware package installed.

> > $ repoquery --whatrequires netxen-firmware
> > netxen-firmware-0:4.0.534-4.fc15.noarch
>
> what packages requires this netxen-firmware ?
> just itslef ?
>
> can't get it

Yes, according to the repoquery it is fully optional. Unlike the
linux-firmware package, which is required by the kernel, for example. And
the netxen-firmware package is not listed in the "comps.xml" file either.