Force package to stable to solve dependency issue?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:53:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a package in the F16 branch (copied from F15) that ended up
> having a dependency issue with the boost libraries. I have rebuilt the
> package for F16 to take care of this but I couldn't find anything on
> the wiki[1] to tell me if I should force the update into stable to
> solve the issue or let it sit in -testing for a week.

Push it to testing and ask people on the testing or devel lists to
test it and add karma. Once it gets the required karma it will go to
stable.

But stable is in lock down at the moment to get alpha ready for
release so if you get the required karma it will still sit in the
queue for stable until the flood gates are reopened once Alpha gets
the green light.

Peter