Changing default setting of bash's hash table?

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Fri Aug 19 20:54:38 UTC 2011

On 08/19/2011 01:24 PM, Roman Rakus wrote:
> I have a question, if it is worth to enable this option by default? It
> will not confuse some people, but can increase disk searching. Comments
> welcome.

Confusion can only happen in this particular case, I think:
1) you run a command and the cache is populated
2) you delete the command
3) you try to run the command again, in the same shell
4) you expect bash to find the command in another path, but get an error instead
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember having had to use "hash -r" one or two times in my life
for this kind of issues.

> RR

Hey, I'm RR too. :-)

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it