Seamonkey status

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sat Aug 20 10:27:01 UTC 2011

Dne 20.8.2011 12:09, Rahul Sundaram napsal(a):
> Seamonkey hasn't been updated in a long time.   Someone recently
> mentioned it in identi.ca and filed a bug report to update it.  I was
> looking into it and the  spec doesn't seem to be following the packaging
> guidelines.   Source tarball seems to have created locally and doesn't
> point to a URL.  No instructions on regenerating it.   Has interesting
> things like %define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0 and %define
> _use_internal_dependency_generator 0.   Patches don't have comments in
> the spec etc.    Anyone know the current status?

Putting Firefox maintainers on CC to have a definite word on this, but I
suspect that Seamonkey is generally completely in the arms of community.
I guess if anybody wants to take it over formally in pkgdb he would be
welcome.

Chris and Kai, am I right?

Matěj

Those to whom evil is done \\ Do evil in return.
     -- W. H. Auden, September 1, 1939
        http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15545