question regarding Fedora packaging

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Sun Aug 21 11:24:16 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have a question regarding packaging for Fedora.

I want to package an application that depends on jets3t. It is packaged in Jpackage.
I see in fact that many Java packages are available in JPackage.

What is the usual behavior in this case ? Should I check with maintainer if package can be "moved" to Fedora ? (and do it myself if he does not wish to do so)

There are Fedora "core", EPEL, JPackage... it is not really clear for newcomers to see several repository, and what are their relationships...

Thanks

Olivier