c-icap

Nathan Owe ndowens04 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:56:26 UTC 2011

I am currently working on packaging c-icap I get the following error using rpmlint:
rpmlint /var/lib/mock/fedora-15-x86_64/result/c-icap-0.1.6-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
c-icap.x86_64: E: explicit-lib-dependency zlib
c-icap.x86_64: W: devel-file-in-non-devel-package /usr/bin/c-icap-libicapapi-config
c-icap.x86_64: W: devel-file-in-non-devel-package /usr/bin/c-icap-config

I know what they mean. The first error is true because during the configure process I noticed that it gave a warning that zlib is needed for the program's internal file-type recognizer to work.

Now the last two, well can the last two actually be development files? I never thought a binary file would be considered a development file. I am asking that since I wanted to make sure there wasn't an error in the rpmlint's output.