systemd in F15 orphaned?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Aug 21 20:20:56 UTC 2011

Am 21.08.2011 22:07, schrieb Jon Ciesla:
> Ignoring the pace at which this discussion is approaching incivility, in
> what way would bleeding-edge updates to systemd address any of the above?
> For games, many would argue the pushing the latest and greatest to every
> release is good.  I might agree in most cases.  But for something like
> systemd, most admins I've worked with would like nothing to change in the
> middle of a stable release unless it fixes a bug

most admins will not be NOW at F15, they wait until F14-EOL for
production use to get most bad behavior and bugs away before
update servers

i am one of them and i am seeing NOTHING happen in F15 now
to make things better until Dec/Jan and the wrapper you
noticed about /etc/init.d/servicename is the dumbest
thing i saw the last years because it hides the real output
of the script