Default services enabled

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:29:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:45:40PM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 08/18/2011 06:28 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Wed, 17.08.11 16:43, Tim Waugh (twaugh at redhat.com) wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, I just noticed this:
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines:Systemd#Socket_activation
> >> "Since Fedora currently doesn't want any services to do on-demand
> >
> > Uh, oh. I think CUPS is definitely something we should lazily socket
> > activate instead of run it unconditionally.
> >
> > Spot, Bill, what's the reason for this wording in the guidelines? As
> > CUPS is something we really should start only when needed, why do we
> > have this wording in the guidelines? Can we relax this?
>
> I think FESCo needs to decide what its policies are wrt on-demand

I'm pretty sure that we kicked this up to FESCo and they decided to treat
them the same (although the latter may not have come to a formal vote and
only been discussed during their IRC meetings on the overall subject.) Going
back to the quote in this message, though, that was a result of discussions
with Lennart rather than FESCo.

-Toshio