Default services enabled

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 22 22:20:55 UTC 2011

Am 22.08.2011 23:58, schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:15:38 +0200
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> Sure, assuming that FESCo agrees that packages starting by default
>>> is the same as socket-enabled start on-demand.
>>
>> this argumentation is strange and makes no sense
>
> I think you are confused as to what 'by default' means.
>
> It means: when you install this package on your Fedora system, will it
> start automatically on next boot or not.
>
> Thats all. You as end user can disable it, enable it, or do whatever
> you like with it. Thats your choice. This default is simply talking
> about what state it's in when first installed

no i am NOT confused

if the definition it will be aneabled by default is teh decision
if a service can use socket-activation this is foolish because
as said there are many services out there which are not default
but users decide that they are the reason why a machine is running

so i hvae the choice start something at boot but i will never
benefit from socket-activation - if this is the case systemd
is useless as long for services which are NOT default like mysqld
must be done tricks to let systemd wait with the next service
until mysqld is full operational - there exists a patch
for socket-activation which would solve most of my troubles
and after that peopole come out and point at idiotic
decisions which forbid socket-activation for the package

and finally this idiotic discussion should have been
finished BEFORE release F15 wth sytemd and not at a
time where it is defacto too late because no one is gonna
fixing the bugs and wrong decisions for F15 this time