question regarding Fedora packaging

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Aug 23 08:55:17 UTC 2011

Le Lun 22 août 2011 13:42, Alexander Kurtakov a écrit :

> Nicolas, while this was true things have changed dramatically last year and
> Fedora is now what JPackage was in the past ...

> Fedora might even be the first to ship JBossAS7 - in a true community manner -
> synced with the rest of the distro :).

It would be really nice to finally get to this point. Kudos to everyone who
contributed to this goal!

> I can continue listing examples but these 2 alone should be enough for
> everyone to see that the projects are departing more and more and that if you
> have that different goals you would hardly find common ground.

As a former contributor to both projects I will say the common ground is easy
to find; users want stuff to just work and do not care about politics. The
EE/not-EE separation is quite arbitrary and unfortunately too often used to
paper over problems that come back with a vengeance later. Good pieces of work
are used both sides of the fence without complains; only incomplete pieces try
to pretend they belong to one side only.

So let's just be all friends and work together.

--
Nicolas Mailhot