bug in fuse-s3fs

Jorge Gallegos kad at blegh.net
Tue Aug 23 17:22:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:52:42PM -0400, Neil Horman wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:33:55AM -0700, Jorge Gallegos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I opened the pasted review request above because fuse-s3fs (hint: need
> > sponsor :) wouldn't work in my machine.
> > When I went to the Google code page I saw it had been three years with no
> > commit while it never left alpha status, that's why I submitted a new
> > request for s3fs.
> what you're doing doesn't make any sense, the fuse-s3fs package thats included
> in RHEL, is the same one that you have a review request open for.  No one is
> going to review a package request when the package is already part of Fedora.

Interesting, I am now confused:

[kad at shinon ~]$ uname -r
2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64
[kad at shinon ~]$ yum search s3fs
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto
updates/metalink                                                                                 |  17 kB     00:00
 * fedora: mirror.fdcservers.net
  * updates: mirror.fdcservers.net
  updates                                                                                          | 4.7 kB     00:00
  updates/primary_db                                                                               | 4.1 MB     00:00
  updates/pkgtags                                                                                  |  44 kB     00:00
  ================================================== N/S Matched: s3fs ===================================================
  fuse-s3fs.noarch : FUSE filesystem using Amazon Simple Storage Service as storage

    Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.
    [kad at shinon ~]$ yum info fuse-s3fs
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto
     * fedora: mirror.fdcservers.net
      * updates: mirror.fdcservers.net
      Available Packages
      Name        : fuse-s3fs
      Arch        : noarch
      Version     : 0.7
      Release     : 5.fc15
      Size        : 25 k
      Repo        : fedora
      Summary     : FUSE filesystem using Amazon Simple Storage Service as storage
      URL         : https://fedorahosted.org/s3fs

If you go to https://fedorahosted.org/s3fs/browser you'll see there has been no commits for the last 3 years.

I did a search before submitting my review request:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=s3fs

The only result that comes back is my ticket. I am packaging http://code.google.com/p/s3fs, if this is packaged for RHEL then I'd have to ask why this is not in fedora and if it was at some point.