Default services enabled

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:40:57 UTC 2011

JB <jb.1234abcd <at> gmail.com> writes:

> There is a video on Youtube (I can not find the link right now, it is on
> www.osnews.com article in comments section) from a German Linux sysadmin
> presentation in Munich, in 2009 I believe - with Lennart present in
> the audience and constantly interrupting the presenter and putting him down.
> Read the comments there by people who watched it !
> Lennart, if you read this post go back to that video recording and
> experience it again. After that come back here and apologize for your
> attitude !
> You do not deserve to be treated so well by us !

Here it is.
http://www.osnews.com/comments/24926

I really couldn't just let this occasion pass
by Lennie on Thu 7th Jul 2011 22:12 UTC

OK, this is a presentation by someone who manages many Linux-desktops and is
used to how things used to be in the Unix/Linux world.

Good or bad, things have changed in the last few years in most Linux
distributions.

The presenter is trying to explain what is has become more complicated or
isn't even possible anymore with the new setup.

'luckily' Lennart Poettering was in the audience to 'help' explain why :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ERAXJj142o

The presentation is funny and sad at the same time. It shows you what he is
like and what he thinks.

Lennart Poettering has vision of what thinks need to be improved for Linux on
the desktop (possible server too). But he seems to always want to do big
changes and not every idea always actually reaches it's full potential.

His intensions are obviously good, but maybe he doesn't work well with others
as he doesn't let others choose what they want. Like with systemd, where he
has basically said: "the Linux API is the new Posix"

I've got a feeling Lennart Poettering will never be loved in the Linux
community because of it.

Especially not by the BSD-community ;-)

Edited 2011-07-07 22:17 UTC

Enjoy it !