gimp

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 15:40:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 21:29 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 05:34:00PM -0300, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> > is this a good reason ?
> > http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/08/23/1355225/The-GIMP-Now-Has-a-Working-Single-Window-Mode
>
> That's a great example of what shouldn't happen _inside_ a release. New
> releases come out twice a year -- we shouldn't release updates with huge UI
> changes to the already-out versions.

The single window mode is optional, but not the default.

> It might be time to start working on getting the update into rawhide,
> targetted for F16 or F17.

F17 is my guess. Despite any possible (minor) UI changes, I'll probably
have to rebase in F-15/6 then if we want to get bugfixes because (core)
upstream pretty much ignores the 2.6.x branch.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty