OpenBUGS program has a pre-compiled )S library from MS Windows. Any possibility to package it?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:33:24 UTC 2011

On 26 August 2011 19:50, Michael Ekstrand <michael at elehack.net> wrote:
> On 08/26/2011 12:13 PM, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
>> 3. cp-dev seems to not only use Black Box to bootstrap, but it also
>> seems to use Black Box sources as a part of itself.  I have not yet
>> investigated whether this is true and, if true, how the relevant sources
>> are licensed.
>
> BlackBox Component Builder's installation includes lots of source code
> and is licensed under what looks like the Sleepycat license (BSD +
> copyleft).
>
> So it looks like the build and packaging toolchain for OpenBUGS does
> consist of open source software, but this software is built for Windows,
> may depend on GUIs for launching and controlling the build, and has a
> nontrivial bootstrap process.

Perhaps JAGS is a better option for Fedora:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_another_Gibbs_sampler

"Its main advantage in comparison to the members of the original BUGS
family (WinBUGS and OpenBUGS) is its platform independence. It is
written in C++, while the BUGS family is written Component Pascal
which is only available for Windows.[1][2] Therefore it is already
part of many repositories of Linux distributions like Ubuntu. It can
also be compiled as a 64-bits application on 64-bits platforms, thus
making all the addressable space available to BUGS models."

J.