[Announce] Fedora Packager for Eclipse 0.2 released

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 18:45:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

We are happy to announce Fedora Packager for Eclipse (a.k.a. Eclipse
Fedora Packager) 0.2. It comes with a lot of new features and many bug
fixes.

What's new?

      * Fedora RPM projects which should make packaging new software for
        Fedora a lot easier[1].
      * SRPM based Koji scratch builds
      * SRPM import
      * Improved Mock builds
      * Keyboard short-cuts
      * Fedora Packaging perspective

See our release notes for a more comprehensive list of bug-fixes and
improvements[2]. Our updated user guide should help you to get started:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Packager_For_Eclipse_User_Guide

Where to get it?

Either install Fedora Packager for Eclipse from our p2 repository[3] or
get it directly from Koji[4]. Note that Fedora Packager for Eclipse 0.2
will be part of upcoming Fedora 16. In other words, you should be able
to yum install it if you have a F16 machine available (yum install
eclipse-fedorapackager). Fedora Packager for Eclipse works with Eclipse
Indigo (3.7.0) and better.

Found a bug, want a new feature?

Please report/request them here:
https://fedorahosted.org/eclipse-fedorapackager/newticket

We'd love to hear your feedback!

Many kudos to everyone involved making this our best release so far!

Thanks,
Severin

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Packager_For_Eclipse_User_Guide#Creating_a_Local_Fedora_RPM_Project