Memory requirements (was: Re: Fedora 16 Alpha i386 does not install in VMWare)

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:02:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Brian C. Lane <bcl at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 04:15:37PM -0700, alan at clueserver.org wrote:
>>
>> In both cases I had 2 gigs of ram. Should not be a memory issue.
>
> That is more than enough. Please file a bug(s) and include the logs
> from /tmp/*log
>
> Memory usage during install also depends on what the packages being
> installed do in their pre/post scripts. selinux is a big example of
> this, causing a large spike as it is installed.

"SELinux Enhancements. SELinux policy package now includes a pre-built
policy that will only rebuild policy if any customizations have been
made. A sample test run shows 4 times speedup on installing the
package from 48 Seconds to 12 Seconds and max memory usage from 38M to
6M. In addition to that," [1]

1: http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/45414.html