floppy support (was: [HEADS UP] remove ddate(1) command from rawhide)

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Aug 30 20:12:46 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> said:
> I said:
> A) 99.9% of users do not needed the floppy anymore
> B) I said hang for "long periods" and not "forever", where here "long"
> is of course relative to modern machine boot times.

You said:

   It seem much more intelligent to add a package owners of floppies can
   install, so that 99.9% of the others do not have to wait forever for no
   reason.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-August/156261.html

To me, that reads as "99.9% of non-floppy owners have to wait forever".

In any case, instead of arguing semantics, can you answer my actual
question?  How many systems hang when floppy.ko is loaded?  If it is a
large number, it should be easy to point to lots of data.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>