Upgrading libpng: shall we move to 1.4.x or 1.5.x?

Jon Ciesla limburgher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:16:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 17:44:12 +0000,
>  Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Go for it, I think it makes sense. For those that don't support 1.5
> > they can stay against the compat in the mean time.
>
> Based on the sample I worked with, most of the ones with failed builds
> are likely to be easy to fix.
>
> Are bugs going to be created for the failed builds, perhaps with a tracking
> bug like we do occasionally for general FTBFS packages? It would make it
> easier for people to help out as they have time.
> --

I second that.  It would also raise visibility, which would help us all
find those that need fixing.  I'm sure someone else out there can fix the
ones of mine I'm stumped by, and vice-versa.

-J

P.S. Yes, I have a new email address.  I'll be updating my FAS and BZ soon.

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie