Self Introduction

Schwickerath Ulrich ulrich.schwickerath at cern.ch
Wed Dec 7 14:27:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

> I'm an upstream OpenNebula developer, and it's nice to hear that
> you've been packaging Ruby gems required by the OpenNebula package.
> Currently I've been working with Shawn Starr (CC) on the OpenNebula
> package, and for the moment the issue has been mostly with Ruby gems
> dependencies, so they're sure to come in handy.
Yes, indeed. I went through this in autumn. We have ONE3.0 up and running on an SL(C)6  box. For that I had to package some gems which
were at the time not provided upstream yet. I compiled a list of the gems which I have on this server, which I put here:
http://uschwick.home.cern.ch/uschwick/ONE/gems.txt
I do not know how useful this list is.

> This is the feature page in Fedoraproject.org's site:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenNebula
ok

> We will update it this weekend as we will have an open packaging
> meeting at #opennebula in Freenode (which of course you're more than
> welcome to join if you please) to reflect the status of all the Ruby
> gems dependencies.
Who else is working on this ? The gems I have may require a bit of work to make them compliant with the packaging policies. Also, at least for
one, I could not use the latest upstream version, and it was indeed not actually required.

> It would be great if you could complete the wiki page with any
> information you consider relevant.
I cannot promise that I will have time to join the meeting during the week end.