Changing kernel API / Breaking VirtualBox - update criteria violation?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 8 10:07:10 UTC 2011

Am 08.12.2011 05:09, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> I know the post I'm replying to is off-topic, but just to clarify the part
> which may be relevant for Fedora packages:
>
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> below a list of packages which i maintain locally
>> mots of them only cpu-optimized rebuilds
>> many of them changed
>> * services MUST NOT restart while update package
>
> Not true. There's no such policy, in fact rather the opposite. That has also
> been discussed in another thread.

did i say the opposite?
well and that is why i am forced to rebuild half of distribution

>> * more F15 services with systemd-units
> And that again isn't a policy violation at all

and this is a major-fail of F15 vene in F16 not really fixed
and packages like rsyslog are missing the reload-action
ExecReload=/usr/bin/killall -s SIGHUP rsyslogd

> FWIW, I'm very happy with the packages RPM Fusion (at least the Free
> section, the only one I use) is shipping.

nice for you

but they are often way behind current versions (ffmpeg, x264, open-vm-tools)
and then throw out a new x264, rebuild all packages depending on it
and rais only from .114 to .115 is a bad joke while .119 exists since months

and yes i had the .119 since months running, even with VLC from rpmfusion