Changing kernel API / Breaking VirtualBox - update criteria violation?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 8 18:02:26 UTC 2011

Am 08.12.2011 17:04, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> my only changes was compile the x264.119 and fake the so-number
>> in the sources to .102 for F13/F14 and to .114/.115 for F15
>> and currently the .120 to 115
>
> Changing soversions is a very bad idea, upstream probably bumped them for a
> reason.

i know and that is why this are private builds

doe snot change the fact that rpmfusion did a so-bump on x264
with all the needed rebuilds and bumped only from 114 to 115
instead 119 while all this apps are working even with 120
perfectly

they stayed for nearly 2 years at x264.so.102 what makes
compile of newer ffmpeg impossible and so i see not that
big glory in the rpmfusion packages since they also never
do the fedora-massrebuilds after GLIBC/GCC changes at
their side

be happy with it - for me the packages are only a nice
"to start with"-SPEC